In 2014, I started attending NORTEP, I recently completed my B.ED, majoring in Indigenous Studies. I have time, in the evenings and weekends, to create and entertain followers using stories, videos and images with our beautiful Cree language.
As a child, I went to trapline many times with my parents and siblings. Much of my time was spent with my late grandfather. He taught me to tell stories with hand gestures and facial expressions that help to visualize the events as they are happening. I use word as best as I can, however, many stories were written before my writing skills improved through education.
When were not in the trapline, I grew up on the reserve with my maternal grandparents who had a TV and a collection of encyclopedias and National Geographic magazines that I devoured when I was not playing outside and exploring the surrounding area.
Using my skills as a Web Developer and the fortunate (semi-fluent) Cree language writing & speaking skills, I decided to build my own website. With various technical skills, such as video, audio and image editing, I can create without boundaries, with respect to my visitors and followers.
I’ve designed several websites for the Lac La Ronge Indian Band including:
- The Gift of Language and Culture Website (giftoflanguageandculture.ca)
- The Jonas Roberts Memorial Community Centre (jrmcc.ca)
- The La Ronge 89’ers Hockey Club (89ers.ca)
- The Lac La Ronge Indian Band Education website (llribedu.ca)
- The Lac La Ronge Indian Band website (llrib.com)
- Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services (llribhs.org)
The websites I work on, on the side (my own time) are:
- betsysdreamcatchers.com This is for my aunt Betsy Dorion and her dreamcatchers, they are custom made and very beautiful.
I hope you continue to support this website, it is a labour of love and I wish to keep it online as long as I can.